Workplace accidents and injuries cost incur large costs to business and have a profound, often lifelong impact on employees. Introducing a safety culture into your childcare setting, where safety is valued as an integral part of the business’s operation, not only saves the business time and money, it also builds a committed, loyal, healthy workforce. This course will give you the foundation to start building your safety culture.
What will you learn?
- Understand the difference between a safety program and a safety culture
- Use resources to help you understand the regulations in your area
- Identify hazards and reduce them
- Apply hiring measures that can improve safety
- Explain what a safety training program will involve
- Identify groups particularly at risk for injury and know how to protect them
- Respond to incidents and near misses
Who is this course for?
- Those working in the Early Years industry
This is an online interactive course that is assessed via a final online assessment. Upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Level 2 Health and Safety certificate from National Nursery Training.