Welcome to Module 5 of our course on Understanding the New EYFS 2023 Framework: Changes and Objectives. In this module, we will explore the role of parental engagement in the EYFS 2023 framework and discuss effective communication strategies for involving parents in their child’s learning and development.
- Understand the role of parental engagement in the EYFS 2023 framework.
- Learn effective communication strategies for involving parents in their child’s learning and development.
- Evaluate different tools and platforms for parent-practitioner communication.
Section 1: Role of Parental Engagement
Learning Objective: Understand the role of parental engagement in the EYFS 2023 framework.
Importance of Parental Engagement
Parental engagement is crucial for a child’s holistic development and has been shown to improve educational outcomes.
EYFS 2023 Guidelines
The EYFS 2023 framework emphasizes the importance of parental involvement and provides guidelines for how parents can be engaged in various aspects of their child’s early years setting.
- Enhanced Learning: Children tend to perform better academically when their parents are actively involved.
- Emotional Well-being: Parental engagement can also positively impact a child’s emotional and social development.
Section 2: Communication Strategies
Learning Objective: Learn effective communication strategies for involving parents in their child’s learning and development.
Keeping parents informed through regular newsletters, emails, or other forms of communication.
Scheduled face-to-face meetings to discuss a child’s progress and any concerns or opportunities for development.
Open Door Policy
Encouraging parents to visit the early years setting and participate in activities or observations.
- Be Transparent: Open and honest communication builds trust.
- Be Accessible: Make it easy for parents to reach out with questions or concerns.
- Be Collaborative: Work together with parents to support the child’s development.
Section 3: Tools and Platforms
Learning Objective: Evaluate different tools and platforms for parent-practitioner communication.
- Phone calls, newsletters, and face-to-face meetings.
- Parent portals, apps, and other software designed for parent-practitioner communication.
Pros and Cons
- Evaluation of the effectiveness, accessibility, and limitations of different communication methods.
Summary and Next Steps
In this module, we’ve covered the importance of parental engagement under the EYFS 2023 framework, discussed effective communication strategies, and evaluated various tools and platforms for parent-practitioner communication.