All Early Years and Childcare settings have a legal responsibility to ensure that all possible steps are taken as part of a standard process of due dilligence as part of a greater aim of preventing dangerous and potentially dangerous people from gaining access to children in their care.
Whilst this applies to all adults within your setting the largest area for potential safe guarding risk resides within the recruitment of new staff and volunteers. The implementation of thorough checks of an individuals suitability and background whilst ensuring that any volunteers, contractors or visitors are appropriately checked and supervised are required by all.
This course looks in detail at the recuitment process; the importance of robust recruitment policies and what policies should be in place; and laws and legal responsibilities focusing upon meeting all statutory requirements for safer recruitment training whilst providing you with a wider knowledge of all the responsibilities of a setting when recruiting.
As part of the National Nursery Training Safer Recruitment course you will gain:
- Understand what safer recruitment is and why it is so important
- Understand what you need to do to make sure your recruitment process is as robust as possible to protect those in your care
- Understand the importance of inducting new staff and why the implementation of a suitable probationary period is essential
- Understand the laws related to safer recruitment in a childcare setting and the policies that should be in place within a setting
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Safer Recruitment Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.
Duration: 1 hour
Assessment method: Online Assessment
- recommended annual refresher training;
Course access is valid for 365 days from date of purchase.