Designed for educators, caregivers, and parents, this course is your gateway to igniting the imagination, nurturing young minds, and fostering a lifelong love for reading through the art of storytelling.
- Duration: Self-paced learning, accessible 24/7.
- Modules: Six engaging chapters, covering essential aspects of storytelling and promoting a love for reading.
- Format: Video lessons, interactive quizzes, peer discussion forums, downloadable resources.
- Community: Join a supportive online community of fellow learners, educators, and caregivers.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Why Reading is Crucial for Young Children: Explore the cognitive, emotional, and social benefits of reading in the early years.
- Develop Your Own Storytelling Skills: Learn the art of captivating storytelling, from voice modulation to character development.
- Igniting a Passion for Reading: Discover strategies to inspire young readers and create a lifelong reading habit.
- The Importance of Diverse Story Books: Understand how diverse stories enrich the reading experience and promote inclusivity and empathy.
- Conducting a Story Audit: Evaluate and enhance your story provision, ensuring it reflects the diversity of the world and your children’s needs.
- Supporting Parents with Their Child’s Reading: Strengthen the partnership between home and early years settings, empowering parents to become active participants in their child’s literary journey.
- Enhance Your Storytelling Skills: Develop the art of captivating storytelling and engage young minds effectively.
- Promote a Love for Reading: Discover strategies to kindle a passion for reading in young children, setting the stage for a lifetime of exploration.
- Create Inclusive Environments: Learn how to curate diverse storybook collections and foster inclusivity in your early years setting.
- Strengthen Parental Involvement: Build bridges between home and childcare settings, empowering parents to support their child’s reading journey.
- Join a Community: Connect with a network of educators, caregivers, and parents passionate about nurturing young readers.
Who Should Enroll:
- Early years educators and practitioners
- Childcare providers and nannies
- Parents and caregivers
- Anyone passionate about promoting reading and storytelling in young children
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion, recognizing your dedication to Creative Storytelling in the Early Years.