The SENDCO in any childcare setting has a pivotal role to play in the learning and development of children with special educational needs and requirements. A large emphasis on the SENDCO role is on their ability to effectively collaborate with fellow practioners, parents and external agencies to ensure that the correct support and provision is in place for all learners.The National Nursery Training Level 4 Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator Course has been developed specifically within Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) guidelines for those working with or looking to work with individuals with Special Educational Needs and requirements. As part of this course you will learn about working with individuals with Special Educational Needs and Requirements, gain an increased knowledge of a range of Special Educational Needs, alongside strategies for working with those that have such needs. There will also be a large focus upon your role and responsibility as SENDCO with regards working with others, detailed record keeping, leadership and insight into educational theories that can be implemented across your setting to improve the quality of SEN provision.
As part of the National Nursery Training Special Educational Needs – SENDCO Level 4 course you will gain:
- An understanding of Special Educational Needs
- The role of SENDCO, leading SEN provision and creating a fully inclusive environment
- Approaches to learning and development
- Personalised Learning
- Knowledge of your requirements and statutory obligations for those with SEN requirements
- Knowledge of a range of Learning Difficulties and conditions including:
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Sensory Perception
- Behavioral, Emotional and social difficulties
- Strategies to improve the learning and development for those with SEN requirements.
- Tracking progress and development, and identifying necessary interventions
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Special Educational Needs – SENDCO (level 4) Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD)
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.
Duration: 4 hours
Assessment method: Online Assessment
- recommended annual refresher training;
Course access is valid for 365 days from date of purchase.