As the Designated Safeguarding Lead you are the first point of contact in your childcare setting for staff members, families and other people who have access to your childcare setting, it is imperative that your knowledge of child protection procedures is in-depth and up-to-date.
The National Nursery Training Designated Safeguarding Lead course is suitable for anyone who works with children and who holds a management, supervisory or designated child protection role and is suitable for anyone wishing to understand the responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead in their childcare setting.
As part of the National Nursery Training Designated Safeguarding Lead (Level 3) course you will learn:
- The safeguarding structure and have an understanding of the law, policy and recommended guidance to uphold the highest safeguarding standards
- The roles and responsibilities of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Be able to identify signs of possible abuse
- The process to follow when a safeguarding issue is identified
- The correct procedure for dealing with disclosures
- The varying levels of need of individuals and processes to follow
- The correct procedure for recording information and following due process beyond referral to external agencies
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Designated Safeguarding Lead (Level 3) Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD).
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.
Duration: 4 hours