Designed specifically for those working with children our manual handling course has been developed to take into consideration the range of movements that many childcare workers carry out on a daily basis. Correct manual handling technique can help to reduce back strain and instil good practice across your workforce. As part of the course we consider how we should lift correctly and also where we should ask for assistance to minimise potential injury.
As part of the National Nursery Training Child Manual Handling course you will learn:
- How to handle loads appropriately
- Nappy changing and associated movements
- Working on the floor and at low levels
- Lifting a child
- Walking a child
- To recognise an unmanageable load and identify where help is required
- To be able to conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- To understand the risks of incorrect manual handling to yourself and others
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Manual Handling Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD).
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.
Duration: 1 hour