Outdoor play is a crucial element to a child’s development and is advised as part of Development Matters as a teaching tool to support all seven areas of learning. Outdoor play should be a regular feature to all children’s schedules.
There are many different types of outdoor play including physical play, constructive play and investigating the world. We have created a course that covers all aspects of outdoor play detailing it’s importance in early years and providing ideas on how to support all areas of Development Matters and all area of Characteristics of Effective Learning (COEL).
KEY COURSE MODULES
- The importance of outdoor play in early years
- What the EYFS curriculum says about outdoor play
- The key to effective practice in outdoor play
- Challenges and resolutions to accessing the outdoor environment
- How outdoor play supports all areas of Development Matters
- How outdoor play supports all areas of Characteristics of Effective Learning (COEL)
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Outdoor Play in Early Years Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD).
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.