Hazardous substances can affect anyone within the workplace, not just those who handle them regularly.The National Nursery Training COSHH training course has been developed specifically for those working in childcare settings and is designed to give staff the knowledge and understanding of the health risks surrounding working with hazardous substances, including how to undertake a COSHH assessment by identifying the risks and the control measures needed, and ensure that they understand how to work safely with hazardous substances.
As part of the National Nursery Training COSHH course you will gain an understanding of:
- Hazardous substances and risks from over exposure.
- COSHH regulations and what they mean in practice.
- Guidance and finding information.
- Assessments and action plans.
- Adequate control, understanding limits, the principles of good control practice.
- Hierarchy of control and reliability.
- Reducing exposure by process change and substitution.
- Choosing the correct PPE.
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Food Allergen Awareness (Level 2) Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD)
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group
Duration: 2 hours
Assessment method: Online Assessment