The Prevent duty became law back in 2015. This is a duty on all schools and registered early years providers to have due regard to preventing people being drawn into terrorism. In order to protect children in your care, you must be alert to any reason for concern in the child’s life at home or elsewhere. This includes awareness of the expression of extremist views.
As part of the National Nursery Training Prevent Strategy course your will learn:
- The government’s counter-terrorism strategy and where the Prevent duty fits in
- What is expected of those in leadership positions in an early years environment
- What extremism and radicalisation are
- Who may be at risk
- Characteristics that may indicate a person is susceptible to radicalisation
- What providers must do to comply
- How Ofsted has incorporated Prevent into the new Common Inspection Framework (September 2015)
- Support for individuals at risk
- What to do if you have a concern
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Prevent Strategy Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD).
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.
Duration: 1 hour