It is the responsibility of everybody to ensure that action is taken in a timely manner that follows set process when responding to any concerns about a child’s welfare. Our Level 2 Safeguarding Course meets all statutory requirements detailed within the EYFS. The Early Years Foundation Stage stipulates that staff must complete child safeguarding training alongside training in Equality & Diversity and Health & Safety.
As part of the National Nursery Training Level 2 Safeguarding course your will learn:
- To have a basic knowledge of the relevant legislation including Children Acts 1989, 2004 and the Equality Act 2010
- To be able to recognise and identify the signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- To understand the responsibilities of yourself and others in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- To understand how to challenge other professionals and how to escalate concerns appropriately
- To understand how and have the ability to document safeguarding/child protection concerns
- To have a basic awareness of radicalisation, impact of domestic abuse on children, child sexual exploitation and online safety
- To be aware of the increased vulnerability of disabled children and other vulnerable groups
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Safeguarding Level 2 Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD).
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group.
Duration: 3 hours