On the 25th of May 2018 the Data Protection Act will be replaced with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This will have a large impact on the way that all childcare settings manage and process data that they hold about learners, staff and parents/carers. This is why we’ve put together our GDPR for Managers course to help nurseries across the UK comply with GDPR and provide them with the knowledge required to ensure full compliance by the 25th of May.
As part of our GDPR for managers course we will provide you with a full insight into the impact of GDPR upon your childcare setting and provide you with the knowledge that you require to create an action plan to reach compliance within your setting by the 25th of May.
- Aims of the GDPR – summary of key changes and the impact GDPR is going to have upon day nurseries
- Definitions and Principles – data protection terminology and the principles of data protection.
- Processing, Consent and Subject Rights – how to comply with the law, processing sensitive personal data, performance of a contract, legal obligations, obtaining consent, methods for obtaining consent, right to withdraw consent.
- Data Controller and Processor Obligations – who is a controller, controller obligations, data security, reporting breaches, processor obligations, cross-border data transfer and further information.
As part of the GDPR for Mangers course you will gain an understanding of:
- The purpose of the GDPR.
- Be able to explain what data is and its impact upon your childcare setting.
- Understand your obligations under GDPR and your role within your childcare setting
- Understand what your rights and the rights of others are
- Understand the steps that you need to take to ensure compliance including:
- Data audit of all data subjects
- Data flow mapping
- Risk Assessment/Data protection by design
- Policy change
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in GDPR for Managers by National Nursery Training.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group
Following the GDPR for managers course for you will recieve:
- Data audit document
- Data flow risk assessment template
- £25 discount code for purchase of the action planning session
- 10% discount code for purchase of GDPR for staff course
Duration: 1 hour