Communication underpins the development of children of all ages and stages. ‘Communication and Language’ is a key area of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum.
This course outlines the key communication milestones, provides you the skills that you need to check that a child is reaching a milestone and also ways to encourage communication at each age and stage to achieve a milestone.
The course also provides an insight into how to identify children with potential Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
As part of the National Nursery Child Communication Development course your will gain an understanding of:
- Understand the different stages and milestones that we are trying to reach with all of our children.
- Understand the difficulties that a child with SLCN may experience.
- Understand a number of ways to access communication skills at each age and stage.
- Be aware of a number of strategies to encourage child communication skill development.
Successful candidates will be awarded the National Nursery Training Child Communication Development Level 2 Course Completion Certificate.
Upon Successful completion you will receive a certificate confirming course completion. Accreditation is provided by National Nursery Training. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit. The purpose of this qualification is for the update and continued professional development (CPD)
National Nursery Training is an accredited CPD Training Provider #776846 with the CPD Accreditation Group
Duration: 1 hour
- recommended Sensory Perception Training
Course access is valid for 365 days from date of purchase.